Silently crapping myself.



From the desk of Noel Guthrie
Where eight previous books were successfully published.

Two new books coming out this year.
Butchers Creek will be published shortly.

Consisting of a series of short lighthearted stories, written with the view of taking a readers mind off the current virus sweeping the land.
Over the next few weeks, I will endeavour to bring readers a small excerpt of each story, leading up to publication.


My second book of fiction,  The Road to Quartzopolis, I hope to publish in the next few months.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An excerpt from the book;  Butchers Creek.

Silently I was crapping myself.


I can recall vividly, the winter of 52.  The day I gained my drivers licence as a fifteen year old.
Man, it was cold that morning.  There had been a bobby dazzler of a frost in the village, and by mid-morning there was the threat of snow.
I had been practicing my driving skills, thanks to my employer.  He let me park the work truck in the garage at the end of each day and reverse it out again next morning.  He may not  have been so generous if I had taken out the back wall of the garage, or demolished the double  doors.
After a few weeks of this, he shoved me in the drivers seat one morning, with instructions to take my workmates onto the job, several miles out in the country.
This carried on for several weeks, before the boss thought it about time I got organized and obtained my drivers licence.
In those days, every Thursday morning the  traffic cop arrived in that country municipality.  The idea I suppose was to regularly show the flag for the traffic department. It was also before the flashing indicator  lights were invented and hand signals by the driver were compulsory.


To read the rest of the story, it will be necessary to get a copy of the book when it comes online.in the next few weeks.

email.   noelguthrie07@gmail.com







Comments

Popular Posts