tuesday 9th august 2011

This is a milestone for me.  In my middle seventies, I never grew up with computer technology.
What the hell is a blog, I asked when I started thinking about a site.  I thought it was something that was blocking the drain.
Anyway, I have started setting up a blog, If anyone gets a few laughs at my expense along the way, at least I will know you are reading my stuff.
Any of you computer whizz kids out there who can offer an old bloke a bit of advice along the way, I would be most grateful.
I must tell you a little story though, it surround those two boys at the beginning of my site, lying on the old bridge catching, or trying to catch a cockabully.
While painting that scene, I remembered the time when I was a kid of about four or maybe five years old, and my late father took me to catch a cockabully.
He told me that the idea was to tie a length of cotton onto a bent pin with a worm attached to the pin.  This was great stuff, I was shaking with excitement.  But I was blowed if I could figure out why the little blighters just swum up to the pin and then took off.  You know, I swear to this day, they would swim up to the pin, look up at me, and laugh their heads off.
Of course, now I know that was just a load of codswallop, but at the time and at that age, it was great fun.

See ya.

Comments

Popular Posts